Great buy on denser than lead coyote and goose loads.

derbyacresbob

LG Outdoors still has 4 cases of the 3" 1-3/8 oz LEAD FREE "B" shot Win Xtended Range loads. The price is $211.48 not counting the 5% discount and the shipping is FREE.

http://www.lg-outdoors.com/proddetail.asp?prod=SS_34727

They also have 27 cases of the 2-3/4" Win Xtended Range 1-1/4 oz "B" shot LEAD FREE loads. They are $183.88 without the 5% discount and the shipping is FREE.

Win Xtended Range shot is 10% denser than lead and much harder than lead so it penetrates much deeper than lead shot does.

If you have to use Lead Free shot on predators or shotgun pellets that are not buck shot these are some great loads.

These shells are no longer being made. The only shells similar to these Win Xtended Range Lead Free loads are Hevi-Shot loads and they cost $2.00 to $2.50 more per shell than the Win Xtended Range shells do.

If you went to buy HW13 shot to reload these type of lead free shells just the shot for the 3" 1-3/8 oz loads would cost $2.00 per shell and the 2-3/4" 1-1/4 oz loads would cost $1.82 per shell. So you can buy these loaded shells for just what the shot goes for so you are getting the wad, powder, primer , hull and shipping for free.

Not a bad deal! Although, I do like their original "list price" of $2,327.95 marked down to $211.48...now that is some savings lol! Thanks for the link!

Shelton

Originally Posted By: VarminterrorAny idea why they aren't being made anymore? I used a bunch of them a few years ago, before I committed whole hog to Fed #4Buck lead.

Because the price of tungsten and the other metals has gone up in price so high that the denser than lead loads were not selling.

Winchester, Remington and Federal have all dropped out of the denser than lead waterfowl load market.

Hevi-Shot is the only manufacturer that I know of that is still selling tungsten alloy waterfowl loads. Quite a few of the Hevi-Shot loads are over $5.00 per shell now.

Federal Heavyweight Coyote loads are over $5.00 per shell.

Back